Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Naked Walls

Well, my apartment walls are still naked. To be honest, I don't even have a hammer and nails. Yes, I've lived here for two weeks. When I first moved I really thought I could just live with the bare necessities. You know, toothpaste & a few bananas. However, I soon realized that it would be important to make my apartment my home. With the help of my family, I have been able to do just that. While I am more than grateful for their assistance, I have now realized that I can't handle the undecorated walls much longer. I mean, my walls are NAKED. Pinterest to the rescue.

The other night, I spent way too much time (I won't tell you how much because you'll vomit) Googling, pinning, searching for decorating ideas. My walls are not only bare, they are large and white. It's starting to feel like prison. What have I come up with? Well, I don't want to spend a lot of money, so I'm hoping to use some of the things I already own. I have never had to furnish and entire apartment, only one room; therefore, my utensils are limited.

Here are a few ideas that I have come up with:

Grouping for my living room wall. I have a few different sizes of frames & mirrors that would work. Now I just want to find some printables, which are cheap if not free!

I just really like this. Not sure where or if I will try it out. I thought I could put pictures on interesting clipboards? That way I could change them out easily. 

I like the diagonals on this cork board. I could put this above my desk in my living room. 

I want to keep my bedroom simple, so adding a shelf with some basic frames/pictures on it will ensure a clean look. 
Now, let's see when I have time to put this all into action!

No comments:

Post a Comment