Saturday, August 25, 2012

Fearless


Life is a series of unknowns. There is no way of telling what’s to come, who we will meet, how we will react to a certain situation. While it is scary, we are reminded over and over to not be afraid. To be fearless.


This is just one more thing to add to the list of: “easier said than done.” After a restless night of sleep Thursday, I realized I must be fearless. Let go and let God. Stop over-thinking and allow Him to do His job. 

My sister headed off to college this week. It has been a transition for everyone in our family, but of course, Sarah is at the beginning stages of one of the biggest changes of her life. My brother and I talked yesterday about the freshness, newness of that first year of college. You act like you are ready to conquer the world, but deep down, fear sets in. The football games, parties, classes, campus events are all memories waiting to be created; however, sometimes it’s hard not to feel alone in a roomful of people.

Sarah and I have always loved the expression, “be fearless.” There is a sense of empowerment behind it, as if we can do anything. Sarah has been on my mind and heart more than usual these last few days. I can just picture her on campus - the little Bulldog on a big campus full of Mavericks. I know she is going to be amazing. She will be fearless when making friends, applying herself to school, and growing as a person. I have all the faith in the world in her, and I am very proud, and, because I love her, I pray for her to be fearless.


No comments:

Post a Comment