Thursday, August 9, 2012

Stress Signs


I have been making out with my Carmex all week long. Go ahead and laugh, but I can’t help it. I woke up in the middle of the night on Monday with that sick feeling. My throat was scratchy and my body slightly achy. I ignored the symptoms and fell back to sleep. When I woke up to head to the gym, I noticed a cold sore on the bottom of my lip. “Just perfect,” I thought aloud.

I went about my usual day, applying gobs of Carmex and chapstick. Can you overdose on Tylenol? Because I had to have come close. I was just trying to prevent any sickness that I could have been contracting. With an upcoming weekend of moving and starting school next Monday, I just don’t have time to be sick.

I’m sure that these sick symptoms are most likely stress signs. The weird part is that I don’t feel very stressed at all. I know that worrying won't change anything. I can only prepare as much as possible and go with the flow. “Overprepare and go with the flow.” If it isn't already, this will soon become my motto.

You may think I’m just fibbing when I say I don’t feel stressed, but the honest truth is that I don’t. I know that I am making the right decisions. I am moving forward with a positive and excited attitude. I’m ready for the future to begin. It’s the best feeling in the world to leave the past behind us as we embrace the goodness of the future. 


Wish me luck on this cold sore and scratchy throat :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment