Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I'll Never Understand

Last Saturday, I leisurely made my way to the gym. I wasn't looking for an intense workout, just a little sweat session. I am a lady of routine, and I head to the gym each morning before school. I have always found morning workouts to be a great way to start my day. I don't dare tell people the hour I wake up in order to fit it all in because they think I'm bonkers. My fellow morning workout buddies understand ;-)

For many, the time of day in which they workout tends to stay the same. It may fit in after work or even late at night; however, I am going to go out on a limb and say that usually it's routine. Rarely do I go for a run after school or decide to jump off the couch to pump some iron after 9 p.m. My routine has stayed pretty consistent for nearly ten years now.

The reason I bring this up is that on weekend I see a whole new "breed" of fellow gym members. They are not the regulars that come in each morning before the sun comes up. This is neither good nor bad, but it's almost always interesting. Occasionally, I may spot a pretty looking guy, but rarely am I that lucky. Mostly, I just see weirdos. That may sound rude, but y'all know what I'm talking about.

Last Saturday, I hopped off the treadmill to see a guy doing martial arts. I'm all about mixing up your fitness routine; however, this was just plain strange. He's jumping around without shoes on, making strange noise, and turning heads left and right. My suggestion would be to just find a new place for that. I don't know.... Like, maybe his basement? back yard? anywhere but the gym?

Am I the only one that thinks this is weird? I guess I'll just never understand.

Guilty as charged. 

No comments:

Post a Comment