Friday, August 3, 2012

Nostalgic Nelly


Every once in a while, I look back. Sometimes I forget that I lived in Cedar Falls for eight years. That is a long time to have established friends and become comfortable with my surroundings. Don’t get me wrong, I am exactly where I need to be right now; however, sometimes I feel a little nostalgic.

I got to thinking about the things I missed the most about Cedar Falls. I know that I can’t go back; things are different. People have moved on and surroundings have changed. With that being said, CF will forever hold a very special place in my heart. Here are a few of the many reasons why:

UNI. It’s no surprise that I am a huge Panther fan. I love sporting UNI gear, along with following and supporting the university in any way that I can. I can say that without a doubt, I bleed purple and gold. There is something about that place that leaves me beaming with school spirit.


Mulligans. Yes, I loved serving and bartending. I loved the atmosphere and the people. While I may have complained a time or two, deep down I enjoyed all of the stories that spilled out of my experiences there. I am forever grateful to my managers, friends, and patrons that I met while being a part of the Mulligans family.



Biking. Of course I still have my bike now, and there are plenty of trails to explore around here, but Cedar Falls has a special ‘biker friendly’ atmosphere that can be found no where else. Whether it was biking with my iPod or with a friend, I loved getting lost (sometimes literally) to the rhythm of my feet in my Trek toe clips.




Scratch cupcakes, Cup of Joe’s iced coffee, and Tony’s pizza. Yum, yummy, yumm-o. Enough said.

Friends. I smile as I picture the amazing people that came in and out of my life while living in Cedar Falls. Whether it was the old men at the Rec Center, the friendly faces at Cup of Joe, or my beloved roommates; these people have touched me. I will never be the same because of the love and goodness I received from my friends that I now consider family.





Ah, memories. It’s good to look back, smile, and then be grateful for where I am now. As they say, my life in Cedar Falls was only a chapter of my life. There are so many more memories to be made with new people and places. Life truly is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment