Sunday, August 26, 2012

I really love technology. Have you ever wondered what we did before Google? If we don't know something, we Google it without even thinking. Somewhere along the way, it became second nature. "Technology haters" (this is not a technical term) say that people used to have actually read to get answers. If you haven't noticed, we are still reading online. Yes, it might be faster, but what is wrong with instant results? I actually think the convenience of technology has given us more knowledge in some ways. With easy access to the information, we are much more likely to take the time to figure it out. If something is "too much work," many times we forget about it and move on.

My sister is now settling in to her college routine. She has given me instructions to join all of these social networking sites and apps so that we can stay even more connected. Now, along with Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, and Instagram, I am on Skype and Voxer. Skype is a video chat room, and Voxer is a walkie-talkie for your phone. Crazy, right?!

This evening, Sarah and I sat down for a Skype date. Being able to see her while we talked was pretty cool, but the best part was seeing her dorm room. She moved her computer around so that I was able to get a clearer picture of where she will be living. All I could think of was how awesome it was to be able to be so connected.

I'm the little guy in the right hand corner ;-)
I'm wishing her the best of luck as she begins her first day of college tomorrow. I'm sure she will text, call, Tweet, or write on my Facebook wall at some point throughout the day ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment