Sunday, June 19, 2011

Celebrate Your Papa Bear!!!

Happy Father's Day! A great reason to throw some steaks on the grill and toss the football around. I have to work today, so I don't plan to head home to spend time with my dad. Bummer! But, who knows, I may get a wild hair and travel home for the night. I was reading an article this morning about fathers. The question was, what have you learned from your father? People were sharing stories and pictures. It got me thinking about all of the things I have learned from my dad throughout the years.

Vacation in Door County, Wisconsin last summer. I'm along with my sister, Sarah, brother, Mike, and of course, my dad!

  1. Patience. My dad does not rush into things. I suppose it helps that he is an avid golfer (and we all know how much patience that takes). He steps back and really thinks before taking leaps. His practicality has rubbed off on me. I know that things will happen on their own time. With faith and understanding, we are all taken care of. 
  2. I matter. My dad cares about his health. He exercises each day. We enjoy talking about planks, running, and biking. I know that he does this because he cares about himself. By taking care of myself, I realize that I matter. Dad shows me that I matter. 
  3. Have faith. While my dad is a man of few words. I still see what he does each day. I watch him open the Bible, attend church weekly, and live a Christian life. It is one of the best gifts he could have ever given me. 
  4. Be silly. My dad has a great sense of humor. He may "play dumb," but I know he is smarter than the average bear. He's one silly Papa Bear :-)
I love you, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment