Wednesday, June 29, 2011

She's My Bean Queen

Cooking shows are entertaining. It seems that in the past few years, The Cooking Channel and The Food Network have grown in popularity. This is fine by me, because I have totally jumped on the bandwagon!

Let's face it. There is a lot of study down time in college. When I was a freshman, I found myself utterly intrigued by Paula Deen.


Her focus is southern comfort food. Her obsession with mayonnaise, butter, and all things bad for you is comical. Her love for life is simply contagious. As I began to follow her show, I realized that the reason I loved her so much is because she made me feel loved and comforted. Funny how someone I've never met is able to do this. Her cooking talent is evident, but her talents stretch far beyond the kitchen.

But let's get real. She's hilarious. 

"Bein' rich is having leftovers. Good leftovers make yo' tongue fly outta yo' mouth and smack yo' brains out."

"Nobody better get between a fat girl and her food. 'Specially if the girl is me."

"Oh I would be so teed off if I didn't put butter on my biscuit one mornin' and I walk out there and a truck hits me. And there my ass is, lyin' out in that street to die healthy. Oh, nooo, darlin'."

And if you really feel like laughing today...



It's just too bad that her sons, Jamie and Bobby, are married. Those are two pretty men. 


No comments:

Post a Comment