Sunday, June 26, 2011

Forever Young, I Want To Be Forever Young


I am an avid reader of msn.com. It is a great source for news, sports, entertainment, fashion….  really just EVERYTHING! I just love it; however, it tends to be quite the time sucker. Some of my favorite pages include “fitbie” and “glo.” There is just so much information. Each article leads to another. Honestly, just amazing. Sorry, I’m a nerd.

Today I came across an interesting article called “What We Wish We Knew As Teens.” This age group is so intriguing to me, so I immediately clicked on it.

Bayside High = most iconic high school of all time


Back off ladies, Dylan is mine.


Here is the list:
           
1.     Love Who You Are
2.     Have More Fun
3.     Character Counts
4.     Awkwardness Fades
5.     Memories Fade, Too
6.     Don’t Limit Who You Date
7.     Think of Your Career
8.     Don’t Rush
9.     Tune Out the Haters
10.  Allow Yourself to be Pursued
11.  Just Breathe

I absolutely love this list. In my mind, it is perfect. High school is a busy time. There are activities and obligations. Teenagers are learning who they are. Personalities are being formed. Each individual has so much to offer to the world. Each teenager is special in his or her own way. It is easy to let the stress of fitting in and future plans muddle the high school experience.

Looking back, I spread myself too thin. While it’s not good to put all of your eggs in one basket, it is also not ideal to do everything. Teenage years should be about figuring out strengths and weaknesses. It’s about making mistakes and learning from them.

It is easy to “shoulda, coulda, woulda” the high school years. The fact is that they shape who we are today. All of the awkwardness is part of the ride. “It’s something unpredictable, but in the end it’s right.” Thank you Green Day :-)

Last but not least, the high schools of the future:


Are you a Gleek?

Zac Efron is stealing the hearts of tweens, teens, and adults. Truth hurts.

I feel like turning on "The Breakfast Club." Sounds like a nice little Sunday for me. Take care. Call a high school friend.... or don't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment