Thursday, June 23, 2011

To Be, or Not To Be... Is That the Question???



When people hear that I am going to be a high school English teacher they usually cringe and say, “I better use proper English around you.” Here’s what I have to say…

First of all, you should always use proper English. I mean, don’t we all want to sound intelligent? I guess I just thought that was the idea. However, maybe I’m wrong.



Secondly, high school students are usually not as insane as the person making these assumptions. Consider this: teenagers are underestimated and often misunderstood. As of this coming fall, they are my world. They better be little angels in my classroom… or else.


Lastly, most people think I have Shakespeare memorized and sit around writing poetry. While this is not the case, you should know… English teachers are the coolest, smartest people you will ever meet. Ha… take that.


Enjoy your day, and learn a new word today :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment