Friday, June 17, 2011

say aah... it's your birthday

I had a hard time rolling out of bed this morning. For some reason, my body was feeling sore. Could have been my surprise 2 hour shift yesterday (highly unlikely) or maybe those killer planks in yesterday's kickboxing class. Either way, I did a "1-2-3-GO!" and went on a 3 mile run outside. It's beautiful this morning!



A beautiful day for my friend Betsy's birthday!!! Tonight I am meeting her for dinner to celebrate!





Birthdays are my favorite. I am quite notorious for holding birth-weeks or even birth-months. There is always a reason to celebrate! And there is always a reason for sugar :-) My friends and I went on quite a streak where we were baking cakes weekly (and I'm proud to say this is no exaggeration). Here are a few ones to share....



UNI cake after running the Homecoming 5K. Go Panthers!! (Cake still looks yummy, Katherine.)


Masterpiece using real, fresh gerber daisies. This is what happens when you live in an apartment with three other girls. Imaginations run wild.


Sarah's oh, so special Barbie cake! Making this what like a science experiment. Way fun and very tasty. Barbie didn't quite fit, so we had to improvise with Skipper. I wish I could say it felt weird eating her dress, but I loved every minute :-)

I'm rocking out to "Say Ah" by Trey Songz. Yeah, that's right, it's 9 a.m. 

No comments:

Post a Comment