Thursday, June 30, 2011

Life is... Good!


I often wonder, “Why can’t I have my cake and eat it too?” Answer?

In the words of so many, “Life isn’t fair.” Hmm… Bummer.

I can hear something over and over, but never hear it. (I believe that was a confession). I can know something, but not really know it. Sometimes it takes being told again, or a slap in the face, to change.

This past spring, someone told me to simply “cherish the good days.” I go back to this often. I do not use this thought to compare myself to others, but to remember to be thankful. Not every day is going to be fantastic. In fact, many days won’t even be close. However, reflecting back to times that were good give hope of what’s to come.

I was also reminded of how much can happen in one day, one hour, one moment. “Cherish the good moments.” When I can’t have my cake or even have a slice, I can remember the times that I was able to devour an entire sheet cake! (I’m getting hungry).



My aunt, Tammy, always wears the “Life is Good” t-shirts. What an awesome company. Their slogan is “Spreading the Power of Optimism.” It’s hard not to smile when you see the silly sayings and pictures. While life is not always fair, it really is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment