Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Where's the Cream Filling??


When people say they like organic potato chips and brussel sprouts, I have to question them just a little. I like a lot of health foods. I see them importance in whole grains, fruits, and veggies. But, who are we kidding? A few cheese balls dipped in ranch dressing just does the trick sometimes. I could honestly live on M&Ms and diet soda. 



When I see donuts, my mouth begins to water. There, I said it. I love donuts. Ugh! I just can’t hide it anymore. I’m not partial to any certain kind. I don’t want hurt feelings here. A cream-filled long john is sufficient; however, I enjoy a little donut hole just as well. I will treat all donuts equal, just as they should be. 

This is where balance becomes so important. A donut here or there will not kill me. The Krispy Kreme diet, however, is a bit of an overload. I have found that seeking balance can be challenging, and not just with my donut obsession :-) After reading God Never Blinks by Regina Brett, I realized the importance of taking the next right choice. Live for each moment, and go with what feels right. Everything else will fall into place. There is no need to worry about the past or future. Just take the next right step. Even if it means eating a teeny, tiny donut hole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment