Wednesday, June 22, 2011

To Find a Dream and a Life of Her Own

First of all, stocking hats at the gym... in June?? I don't get it. Phew... got that off my chest. Moving on.

Yesterday, my 17-year-old sister (favorite person in the whole world) and my parents went on a college visit to Winona State University. This is an exciting time as Sarah begins a new journey in her life.

Can you believe this little Goober is going to be a senior in high school??


Or better yet, this nerd???



Since I'm eight years older than my sister, I feel responsible for her in many ways. I try to be a good role model; however, it is not always easy. I fail and make mistakes. But the best part is, Sarah loves me anyway. We learn from each other, but most importantly we laugh together.


With everything we have been through together, it's hard for me to believe she is an independent young woman. At times it is difficult to listen and observe as she considers her future, as well as makes daily decisions. Part of me wants her to follow in my footsteps and become a Panther, but one of my friends reminded me the other day how important it is for her to make her own decisions. This is Sarah's life. I am proud of her and know that she needs "wide open spaces, room to make her big mistakes." (Thanks Dixie Chicks... I knew you were good for something). She is talented, artistic, and smart. I love watching her grow and support her 100%.

Did I mention that she's a little bit goofy too? Wonder where she get's that???


Love you Goober!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment