Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Confessions of a "Brunette"

It's time we get real. I'm not a true brunette. I know, I know. It's hard to believe that this hair color is not natural. This morning, I made a trip to Polk-a-Dot Salon to color and cut my hair. As I was getting ready, I realized that I didn't mind the color of my hair. I consulted my sister, and she told me, "I don't think you look like a ginger." (My apologies to anyone with red hair.) Nice, Sarah. Since my hair hasn't faded out too bad, I opted to just trim it up before the weekend. 

I began thinking about all of the styles and colors this head of hair has obtained throughout the years. Hence, it's time to confess. I have no idea what my true hair color is. I have been highlighting, low-lighting, and coloring since I was in 7th grade. Hey, a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do.

My mom has always told me that there are a few things you never mess with. Your feet, your eyes, and your hair. While I completely agree with her now, I haven't always.


Box dye. Horrible idea.
Back to blonde after a true professional got her hands on me.

Blondie. Inverted and Asymmetrical. (Must have been going up for the dollar dance!)

Adding in the brunette.
I wanted to be Posh Spice. Do you blame me?

Shorter "pixie" cut.

And finally.... Today!
Just like anything in life, we can learn from the past. I have definitely learned a lot from my hair. First, change it up. There is no reason not to take chances and have some fun! Second, it's always reversible. After coming home in tears (more than once), I know that hair grows and color can be changed. And most of all, your hair should always be in the hands of a true professional!

Enjoy the day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment