Monday, June 27, 2011

Say My Name, Same My Name...

For any runners looking for a really great tool, check out Map My Run. I use it to find running/biking routes. It works especially well when I want to run in unfamiliar places. It's quite user-friendly. Today I found a new 4-mile loop. It's nice to switch it up and feel excited about running again!

This weekend I had brunch in Des Moines at Jethro's BBQ. It's located near the Drake campus, and has been visited by the Travel Channel's "Man vs. Food" show!

Host Adam Richman attempted to eat a five pound sandwich in 15 minutes. Crazy! (He failed with one pound left).
As I looked over the brunch menu, I noticed an omelet named the "Anna Kay." Even though my middle name is Jane, not Kay, my eyes jumped quickly to this part of the menu. 

When I was little, I searched the public library for any book with a character named Anna. I read the same stories over and over. Why this was so exciting, I will never know. 

Growing up, I never liked my name. When we ordered shirts for clubs and sports, my girlfriends would put their first names on the back. "Ashley,""Kelli," "Brooke"... They all looked so cute. My shirt said "Anna." Two letters. Boring and short! What a sad life I lived ;-)

However, I suppose my name does have some perks. 
  • I mean, it rhymes with banana, one of my favorite fruits. 
  • It's a palindrome. Anna. Did I just write that forward or backward? You will never know. 
  • It means "gracious." Clearly perfect for me.
  • But best of all, I was named after my great grandma :-) 
Fun fact: It is technically pronounced /a-na/

Song of the day: "Say My Name" by Destiny's Child. Tootles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment