Sunday, July 14, 2013

Good People

I believe in good people. War, hurt, and harsh words seem to constantly be on our radar. But if you really step back and look, people are good. They go out of their way to encourage, love, and help others. Whether they are strangers or best friends, I have been reminded lately of the kindness that surrounds me. I believe that if we look for good in others, we will find it. Everyone has something to offer. We all are worthy of being treated with respect.

With the upcoming school year approaching (sorry teachers, but it's true), I have been thinking a lot about how to see the good in my students, fellow teachers, and other people that venture up and down the hallways. What can I, along with my students, do to spread good things rather than focusing on the negative? While I have a few ideas in mind, I smile because I know my students will be on board. Why? Because they are good people. They want the positive to outsmart the negative just as much as me.

Last week, I received two cards from close friends. They had the kindest words. It was as if they knew exactly what I needed to read. Their words reminded me how good they are. While shopping yesterday, my mom and I encountered the most helpful people. I realize it is their job to find different sizes and give suggestions, but they did it with a smile.

It's so important to surround yourself with good people. When we do so, the good in us is much more evident. We shine because those around us do. "Good people bring out the good in other people."

How stinkin' cute is this?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment