Saturday, July 13, 2013

So Many Activities

It's Saturday night, and I am on my couch in some serious lounge clothes... and it's not even 8:00. Really cool, I know. Before you go thinking I'm a loser, let me explain how tiring the past week has been for me. It's not surprising that it has finally caught up with me.

While I am super tired tonight, I have been really loving my life the past few days. I've been living in "weekend mode" since last Wednesday when I traveled to stay with my best friend for a couple of days. It was jam packed with activities, but we were so excited to see each other that we didn't have time to think about being tired.

Last night, I headed to the Iowa Cubs game for some baseball, beers, and brats. Actually it was more like baseball, water, and waffle fries (not proud of that), but it doesn't have the same ring to it :-) Once again, lots of activities ranging from lounging on the upper deck, visiting with friends, and dodging "Cubbie" the mascot (he's creepy... that's all you need to know). The Iowa Cubs took home the victory which was followed by fireworks! It was a perfect summer evening.

Today was another busy one. My mom came down to check out the farmer's market. We walked around and scoped out the yummy fruits and veggies, baked goods, and the infamous breakfast burrito. As we sipped on some delicious iced tea, we decided to pick up some fresh peaches and make our way to another part of town for lunch. After the deli, we headed to a couple book stores. Now, for two ladies that love to read, this can be a little dangerous. We were both successful in finding books for our classrooms. It is so easy to get lost in the world of books. Then, we headed to Von Maur and while browsing, Mom found a cute top for her upcoming vacation. All in all, it was a great day; however, we were both in agreement that it was slightly tiring. I just love my mom.

All I could think of the past few days was that scene from Step Brothers where Will Ferrell and Adam McKay want to make bunk beds so they will have more room for "activities." If you have seen the movie, you are giggling right now. If not, watch it. Here's a little taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment