Saturday, July 20, 2013

Sunshine on My Shoulders

If you took one look at me, it would be plain to see what I have been doing this summer. Hanging out in the sun. I have always known that I am solar-powered, but recently I have taken this to a new level. Any chance I get, I'm outside. My body responds fairly well to the sun, so I am one bronze girl!

Not only have I found myself lounging poolside with a good book, but today I went to a local beach with a friend. We plopped our towns on the sand and sprawled out. It was the first day in quite a while where the heat wasn't too oppressive to enjoy being outside. It was a pretty entertaining day as we listened to some nearby kids. They were saying the silliest things! It was a perfect way to get a few giggles in :-)

While we were laying on the beach today, I said to my friend, "The sun and I just get along so well." As I drove home, I started to think about the day. I mean, is there anything better than the feeling of sunshine beating down on your skin?!? So far, this weekend has been pretty close to perfect.


Confession: I am currently listening to John Denver's "Sunshine on My Shoulders." Tonight I am meeting my parents to go to a baseball game. My school's baseball team is playing tonight to advance to state. It should be a great game. I couldn't be more proud of the guys. I hope they play well tonight, and bring home a victory!! Go Sabers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment