Saturday, July 27, 2013

Soak It All In

Last night my school's baseball team played in the first round of the state tournament. Not only was it a great victory, but one of the best games I've seen in a while. The kids were focused and playing with impressive composure. Honestly, they hardly seemed like teenagers. I was impressed by the way the played, along with the amount of community members, teachers, and students that filled up the stands. It was beyond cool.

Naturally, this morning I was checking some of the local news reports on the game. I read various interviews with the coach and players. As I read their words, I couldn't be more proud as I could hear their voices dance off the page. The team that we beat is a known baseball powerhouse that has been a presence in the state tournament for a number of years. It was our first win in the state tournament. All of which made this win incredibly sweet. It will definitely take some time to let this all sink in.

Without getting into details, there are more than a few reasons why this team is special. It's clear to see that they are more than just a baseball team; they are a family. The way they communicate and play together is inspiring. Honestly, I am still kind of soaking it all in myself. I am thankful to be a part of such a cool experience. Once again, I am right where I need to be. I'm looking forward to the next round of baseball this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment