Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Good Kind of Push-Up


I had to stop by Kwik Star on my way home from the gym to grab a couple of bananas for my morning smoothie yesterday. I glanced down to the freezer filled with yummy looking ice cream treats. I smiled a bit when I recognized a familiar childhood treat…


I remember how much fun it was to gradually enjoy that orange ice cream on a hot summer day. We used to have the Schwan’s man stop by our house. Looking back, I don’t remember too many healthy treats that came from that big truck. I do recall getting very excited about the ice cream drumsticks that Mom let us purchase every once in a while. The best part of those little suckers was the chocolate surprise that sat at the bottom of the sugar cone. Yummy in my tummy.


As I get older, when I hear “push-up” it doesn’t mean the same thing. I automatically think of sore arms from these babies…


Just to set the record straight, the good kind of push-up will always be the orange treat that melts in my mouth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment