Friday, January 27, 2012

Prayin' for Daylight

Lately I've been having trouble sleeping. This is not to say that I am not tired, because I am; however, for some reason my mind is working overtime.


This morning as I woke up way too early, I began to think about the problems of being up in the middle of the night.

My mind goes tick, tick, tick. Not only am I generally thinking about problems and situations that I can't control, but what can I really do about them at 3 a.m.? One thought leads to another and to another. All of a sudden, I am caught up in a senseless "situation" that I have pondered up in 20 minutes. Trying to remember if my black tank top is clean soon turns into wondering where I will be five years from now. Stupid, I know. Mind, please shut off!


Frustrations. The longer I stay up, the more frustrated I become. I remember one time when I was in middle school I couldn't sleep. I stayed up crying, which made the situation worse. I remember getting all worked up about how tired I was going to be if I didn't sleep. It is just so frustrating when all you want is a solid eight hours, and it turns out to be a jolted five or six.

Loneliness. The dark, quiet nights are lonely. There is no better way to say it.

The daytime seems much more sensible. I have much more control over my mind. Next time I find myself staring into the darkness, I will start prayin' for daylight... just like Rascal Flatts tells me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment