Friday, January 20, 2012

I've Gone Mad


My family loves to play games. My closet is full of board games that are fun for all ages. I took some to college with me for “parties,” and some reside in my parents’ closet waiting to be pulled out on holidays or boring Saturday nights. 

One of my all-time favorite games is Mad Gab. I remember playing it with one of my best friends in high school for a good two hours straight – just the two of us giggling at each other on her living room couch. Now, I’ve been told that I am quite good at the game. I can handle that compliment, and I will say that I do not memorize the cards. I have a lot of time on my hands, but I’m not pathetic.


I was very excited to see that you are able to play Mad Gab online. I used this tactic with my students. They absolutely love the silly sounds and phrases that pop out while shouting at one another. It can get a little bit wild, but it is totally worth it.

I have also realized that students love Mad Libs. Any time they can come up with ridiculous sentences and place familiar names and places into a story makes them laugh – there is nothing better than laughter from students.

If you feel like going mad, snatch up some friends and play Mad Gab, or scoop up a Mad Libs and giggle your brains out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment