Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sushi and the City


I woke up yesterday in dire need of some friend time. I was unmotivated. After the gym and a shower, I hoped back into bed. It didn’t take long before realizing that I could not spend the entire day in bed. I got a hold of a couple of girlfriends to meet up for coffee.

As we finished our iced coffees and mochas, we realized that our tummies were growling. It was a great excuse to continue our conversation as we walked across the street to grab some sushi. There is nothing better than when coffee turns into lunch. It’s kind of like that awkward end of a date where you want to keep it going so you change locations knowing the rich conversations will continue. We could have kept it going all evening, and it would have been only one more hour before the martini special started. Then it would have been game over.

I’ve always been a huge fan of Sex and the City. I love Carrie Bradshaw’s sleek lifestyle. In another life I would love to write for a newspaper or magazine. Until then, I will continue to live through Carrie as I blog my little heart out. My friends joked about meeting for coffee and lunch just like the girls on Sex and the City. Carrie uses her friends’ life experiences for ideas contributing to her column. I remember one specific episode when she begs her friends for material after finding herself writing about sock drawers.



If I am ever in a writing rut, I will look to my friends. Someone else’s drama is always more fun to write about. Yes, next time I am stumped, I will head straight to sushi and the city. 

No comments:

Post a Comment