Monday, January 2, 2012

Fine, I'll Do It

After eleven hours of sleep, I am ready to start the day. I had a blast with my friends on New Year's Eve, but my body is still hating me. I'm sure it will take a good week before I completely bounce back and feel normal. Since I don't celebrate like that very often, I can't be too mad at myself for feeling out of shape and sluggish.

It's time I choose a real direction...

I'm not real big on new year's resolutions, but I may just give it a whirl this year. I definitely need to set a few goals for myself. I need some direction.

1. Chill and focus on what I have control over. I tend to worry, worry, worry, and it makes me crazy! I hate the unbalanced feeling that comes along with anxiety. The fact is that I have a lot going for me, and I need to focus on all of the blessings that have been given to me.

2. Lay off the swear words. I say this all the time, but I need to slow down the potty mouth. It's just not attractive.

3. Get a teaching job. There is no doubt in my mind that there is a place for me. I just need to focus and work hard on jumping at all opportunities. Life is about trying, failing, and trying again. I'm so excited to be a teacher and grateful that I have found my passion.

4. Grow in my faith. I continue to find ways to be more connected with the church. I will be going to Haiti on a mission trip with my grandpa and his church at the end of February. I am so excited about the opportunity. We will be building desks for a local school. I'm smiling as I think about helping young children and their opportunities to learn.

5. Build a six-pact. What? I'm serious.

I have been lacking direction for a while now. The new year is a great reason to regain focus and move forward. So fine, I'll do it. One, two, three, go!

No comments:

Post a Comment