Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sports Movie Buff

Last night I rented the movie Moneyball with one of my friends. It is based on a true story of the 2002 Oakland Athletics season. The story is also documented in Michael Lewis's book Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game. Brad Pitt's character is very intriguing. I also loved the way that his character and Jonah Hill's character played off one another. Overall, I would highly recommend this movie to everyone - it's even family friendly :-)


I realized as I drove home that I really like sports movies. Many of them are based on true stories that give me goosebumps.

Case in point: Rudy. No one thought that Rudy could make the Norte Dame football team, let alone actually play. I can't help but smile from ear to ear when the crowd chants, "Rudy. Rudy. Rudy."

Over Christmas break years ago, my family went to Miracle. I loved every minute of it. The movie is based on the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team as they work to defeat the seemingly unstoppable Russian squad. Knowing this is a part of history makes the story that much sweeter.

The Blind Side. I love Sandra Bullock, and she is awesome in this film. This movie is based on the story of Michael Oher, who is taken in by an amazing family, the Touhys. The gave him a home and a second chance. Michael Oher overcame and worked his way to the NFL. It's definitely a feel-good flick.

My favorite movie in the whole entire world: Little Giants. The best way to describe its glory is to leave you with epic quotes from the movie.


"Spike's in hell. Spike's in pee-wee hell."

"Why do you do this to me fellas? I cut your nails, wash you, put gloves on you when you're cold..."

"How'd I do coach?"
"I don't know son. I don't have a sundial."

"That's right, Spike. The Icebox is gonna defrost you!"

"My mom says the pads you gave me weren't enough."

No comments:

Post a Comment