Saturday, January 21, 2012

Nerdy Nelly

As you all know, I am a real, licensed English teacher :-) I also know what some of you are thinking about that: nerd. I realize that being an English teacher is not as cool as the sporty P.E. teacher or the sharp Global Studies dude down the hall, but I can assure you that literature is cool... well, at least to me.

I ran across a website dedicated to nerd quirks. I just have to share a few with you...

Haven't we all been there? At least a little smirk on your face?? Come on, people. Books make us smile. 

I am so weird about having a "heading" on each assignment. This is probably why it drives me crazy when students neglect to put their names on papers. I'm not a mind reader. 

One time I literally bought a textbook for fun. It was about how women have changed society. Ha... talk about nerdy.

Doesn't everyone?

Come on teachers. How hard is it to erase the entire whiteboard?

I generally ask people about what they are reading and why. Books really do tell you a lot about a person. 

I hate when Word tells me a sentence is a fragment. I know that... I'm using it for effect. 

Yes, yes, yes.

I'm still sad that Borders closed. I have to travel an extra 10 minutes for the closest book store :-(

Again, doesn't everyone?

There is nothing wrong with a little bit of organization. In fact, we teach students to organize folders and title each of their documents. You would be surprised at how many don't know to do this.
I know many of you can relate to this quirks, so don't make me feel like I am the only Nerdy Nelly. Happy weekend :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment