Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Leave of Absence

Well, it's been too long! I won't sit here and tell y'all that I've been sooo busy, because I realize this is the truth for everyone. I know that life gets a little crazy every once in a while, and that was the case for me this past week. Along with the 'bad connection' that I mentioned, my precious routine was a little off due to appointments, errands, and a visit from my mom. I am feeling a little bit sleep deprived, but it was all worth it. 

My mom came to stay Tuesday and Wednesday. It was nice to have her around. She cooked a little, ran around Des Moines, and met a good friend for lunch. I enjoyed our long talks and watching her try and figure out the massage chair during our pedicures. It was a true gift having her visit. 

Wednesday I sat down at the salon for a much needed cut and color. I am always so surprised at how much a good haircut changes my look, but also my attitude. I once read, "you're only as good as your last haircut." So true. I also just really enjoy the ladies in salons. I could sit there and listen for hours. 

Thursday I went to church for a young adult service. I was feeling a little anxious, so I knew that a sense of renewal was much needed. Once again, it was exactly what I needed to hear. The word of God never lets us down. We sang "Like an Avalanche" by Hillsong United, and I have been playing it ever since. Check it out. 

I ended up meeting up with some friends after church and then again last night. Needless to say, I am lacking the necessary amounts of sleep; however, I am happy. It's funny how good times with friends and laughter makes a bad mood, a sleepless night all disappear. Friends are amazing, and I have the best. 

Sorry for my brief leave of absence. I feel ready to get back on the writing wagon. Happy Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment