Sunday, July 22, 2012

Free Gift

Why is it so hard for people to receive compliments? So often we find a way to degrade ourselves in the process. "I love your dress!" "Oh, I think it makes me look a little chubby, but thanks." What's that all about?! If your dress rocks, then take the compliment. It's a free gift that someone is offering you.

The other morning at Kosama, the instructor knelt beside me to say, "That is a perfect plank." I was so thrilled. What a great motivator. I was beaming all day, knowing that my hard work was paying off. She probably didn't even think twice about it. What an awesome gift.

I started thinking more about the gift of a compliment. I realized that I don't dish them out nearly enough. There are times that I think in my head, "Wow, I really like her hair," or, "What a great smile that person has," but I don't share it with them. Why not? I could be missing out on an opportunity to make someone's day.

A wonderful gift. 

Maybe I should start a compliment challenge for myself. Start dishing out more free gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment