Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Finally Figuring It Out


It’s nearly the end of July. I’m not saying this to depress anyone. It’s real life, so get used to it.

Last week I felt like I finally had things figured out, which sounds like good news; however, I soon after realized that the summer is just about over. My nanny kids and I have been having a lot of fun getting to know one another. We have been laughing a lot, even though we haven’t really been doing a whole lot. I kind of enjoy our relaxed summer days that fill up quickly with swimming, games, movies, and slushies. I really can’t believe that we only have a few short weeks left together.

I am really feeling like I am in my element, which is great because it has been a while. Exploring and familiarizing myself with Des Moines has been a real treat. I can now say that I love every minute I spend here. There has never been a time when I didn’t enjoy it here; however, lately I have felt more comfortable as I make my own plans and meet new people. It’s a real treat to explore the shops, markets, and immerse myself in various activities. This is definitely where I am supposed to be.

As the school year approaches, I will begin a new journey. I will have to familiarize myself with a new apartment, new commute, new students, new, new, new…. Knowing how well I can adjust to these changes helps settle my anxiety. While being able to worry less, I can enjoy more. I guess I’m finally figuring out more than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment