Wednesday, July 4, 2012

No Boat

Happy Independence Day blogger friends! Yes, the middle of summer has just arrived. I hope you have exciting plans filled with brats, beaches, beers, and boats :-)

Truthfully, this is the first summer in a long time that I do not intend to spend on the water. I feel a little sad about it, but I am resting up and preparing for a trip to Chicago (I'll explain soon). I woke up to sunshine and feeling a little nostalgic. Over the past few years, I have had a blast over the 4th of July. Fine, I'll share them with you ;-)

The River: Who doesn't love a day full of three "naps" as we sipped cocktails and played beach volleyball in between. It was so fun to fly around the river on a boat, but even more fun to dock up to the sandbar and lay out in the sun.



Clear Lake - A Forever Favorite: The busyness of Clear Lake may discourage some people, but it is what I love most. The amount of people docked in Party Cove for dance parties on boats just adds to the excitement of the holiday. I always feel like I am surrounded by the love of great friends when I am on a boat at the lake.


South Dakota: Last year, I spent the holiday eight hours away. The road trip with Ashley was almost just as much fun as the boat parade and fireworks on the pontoon. I met so many great new friends and was welcomed with open arms. People are so great.



So, happy birthday America! Enjoy your holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment