Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Importance of Good Fab'rik


The other night, my friend Emily invited a bunch of girls and me to a Fab’rik Rock Star Party. Sounds pretty thrilling, huh? Some way or another, she won a package to exclusively shop with a 20% discount and a few cocktails at a nearby Fab’rik store. I have driven by the store many times, but never actually shopped there. Well, I think I found my new favorite place (as if I need more reason to shop).

The boutique is full of sundresses, flowy tops, pastel skinny jeans, and interesting jewelry. I was in heaven as soon as I stepped foot in the door. I wasn’t sure if I was going to buy anything, but after trying on a few pieces, I had to make some shopping decisions. I hate when that happens. You want five different dresses, but you really shouldn’t. So, what do you do? Cut back to three. The worst feeling is putting that jersey maxi dress back on the rack. I thought, “Maybe next time, you lovely piece of fabric.” No, I have not lost my mind, and I don’t talk to my clothes. It’s called humor, people.

I also enjoyed spending time with the girls as we chatted over a couple margaritas before heading over to the store. As I was “playing dress up” with the clerks at the store, I got to chatting with one of them who happens to be a teacher in a nearby district. Instantly, we started in with the ‘teacher talk’ mixed with fashion tips. She tried to tell me that those sticky bras work wonders. I’m not sure I’m sold on that one yet.

When I was leaving, I called my mom to share my night with her. I told her how good it felt to have purchased a few pieces that were different, but more importantly, were made of quality fabric. I have too many sundresses, tank tops, and v-neck shirts from Target, American Eagle, and Von Maur. Not that these stores are bad at all, I was just ready for something cute and different. Well, I found it… and I will definitely go back. I had so much fun, and I was very impressed with the stores selection and overall essence. To wrap this up, the fabric at Fab’rik is worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment