Monday, July 30, 2012

These Boots

It's Monday. I read somewhere that Mondays should be optional. I'm sure most people would be on board for that one. As it turns out, this is my week off. My kids are on vacation, hopefully not killing one another, and I am going to spend the week preparing for the school year. I'm getting more and more excited each day.

Since I will be spending most of this week working on school preparations, I had to squeeze in a little bit of fun over the weekend. Friday night I was offered tickets to an Eric Church concert. Of course, I had to jump at the opportunity to rock out in the middle of a wheat field with a bunch of friends.

Look out, Guthrie County.

My YOLO girls.

Storm clouds making rolling on in.

It was a blast. We tailgated, along with thousands of other cowboys, on a patch of land that was seemingly deserted before trucks and boots began stomping all over with cases of beer and pulled pork sandwiches. Gradually becoming covered in dirt and "popping a squat" in the trees was all a part of the experience. Welcome to small town Iowa.

The concert itself was huge. Nearly 25,000 people showed up for Chris Cagle and Eric Church. We danced and sang along in our sun dresses and vintage cowboy boots. Because there were so many people, we had to hop on the shoulders of the guys to actually see the acts. I secretly love this.

As the concert neared an end, Eric Church sang his latest hit, "Springsteen," and the crowd went nuts. The rain clouds rolled in and we enjoyed the large drops of summer rain as Eric Church finished in style.


Now it's time to trade my boots in for heals and flats that will be tromping around in my new classroom. Have an amazing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment