Thursday, July 26, 2012

Return of the Run


As you may or may not know, I have been doing Kosama for nearly two months. I absolutely love the program and would recommend it to anyone that is interested. Under the new program, Wednesdays are set aside for ‘active recovery,’ which is a mixture of yoga, stretching, and core exercises. It is challenging as it helps to improve balance and flexibility. I definitely leave the gym sweaty and feeling good.

While I am enjoying my workouts, every so often I miss running. I have only ran a handful of times since I started the program, but I decided to hit the pavement after getting home this evening.

Great idea, Anna. Here in Iowa, we are experiencing a major heat wave causing a drought throughout the state. Needless to say, the heat index was over 100 degrees when I flipped on my iPod and started down the street. I was feeling really good and my legs were trucking along; however, it didn’t take long for me to start feeling overheated and fatigued. What was I thinking?

My run soon turned into a run/walk. I decided to use the time for listening to music and clearing my mind. As I got home, I was hot and weak. Even after a shower, I was still hot and uncomfortable. Next time I decide to return to my run, I am going to pay closer attention to the weather.  

Done and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment