Sunday, July 22, 2012

Chalk Talk

Because it has been so hot, I decided to go for a little jog this morning before the heat and humidity took over. I set out on a short little path in a residential area. It was perfect for enjoying some alone time and reflecting on my weekend, which by the way, was awesome :-)

While I was jogging, I ran across (literally) a chalked up piece of pavement. Some girls had marked up the area with some inspirational graffiti. Phrases like "Love Yourself" and "You're Beautiful" graced the sidewalk leading me to smile. Reading the colorful chalk talk was such a great way to begin my day.


Isn't it funny how a simple phrase can change our attitude? I couldn't help but wonder what lead those girls to share this chalk talk. It was such a cool idea. Whatever their motive was, I am glad they did it. It took me back to high school memories of car paint. We used to write on each other's windows before sporting events for encouragement. Yes, those short sayings can sure make you feel loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment