Monday, July 23, 2012

Facebook Rules


Facebook rules. MySpace drools. I don’t think this is really an issue that needs to be discussed, seeing that 99% of the population probably agrees with me. The real topic of this post is based on the rules of Facebook. That’s right; I’m talking about social networking etiquette. I’m not here to tell you how ridiculous the ‘duck face’ is, or that I find it slightly creepy when someone shares a personal cell phone number in their info. That’s your own business. I simply want to share a few tips when posting, commenting, and updating that will surely help you gain and maintain that enormous amount of ‘friends’ that appear on your profile.

Disclaimer: I am probably guilty of most of these. Hey, no one is perfect.

First, tone it down with the negative status updates. I understand that we all have a bad day from time to time; however, if you life is that bad, start tweeting. Twitter is for constant complaining, which is why I love it.

Another thought when it comes to status updates: watch it with the oversharing. I don’t want to see or read anything grotesque. Trust me, no one does. Ever heard of TMI? Yea, think about it.

Let’s talk photos. I say tag, tag, tag away, but be respectful. Don’t put up inappropriate pictures of friends, especially those that have jobs and families that may have access to their profiles. Also, don’t tag an unflattering picture of someone. And what’s with all these food pictures. If you want everyone to know what you are eating, start a blog or something. Don’t clog up my newsfeed. Seriously, it’s annoying.

When it comes to friend requests, if I don’t know you, then I don’t want to be your Facebook friend. Sorry. It’s creepy.

Truth be told, it takes a lot to bother me when it comes to social networking. The beauty of Facebook is that if someone is annoying, creepy, or overwhelming then I just delete them. Goodbye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment