Thursday, July 5, 2012

To the Windy City We Go


It wasn’t too long ago that I mentioned to my mom that I wanted to do another mission trip. I have been thinking a lot about it, and would love to go overseas again to serve and be a light to those in need. The feeling of peace and sobriety was overwhelming in Haiti, and I would love to experience something like that again.

About a week or so ago, my sister came to me with a request. Her youth group is traveling to Chicago for their annual mission trip. They were looking for another leader to help chaperone and mentor the 60 plus students that would be attending the trip. Of course, I was all in. After checking with my employer, I hoped right on board.

I am not really sure what we are all doing, but I know that we will be working in inner city Chicago to those in need of love, support, and faith. I am thrilled to be around amazing teenagers that share a thirst for God. I can’t wait to also spend time with my sister. I was most happy that she wanted me to be a part of her trip. As she goes off to college in the fall, I know that our time together will be limited. It will be a great way for us to bond in our relationship and our faith.

“Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for those believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity.” 1 Timothy 4:12

Kids have so much to offer. They are smart, excited, and energetic. I am privileged to spend time with them for the next week! And just think how much gossip I’m going to learn ;-)

I will be off the blog train for a while. Don’t miss me too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment