Sunday, July 1, 2012

Constant Learning


Emotions ran high this weekend. As cliché as it sounds, we never know what each day will bring, and this could not be any truer. I found myself wrapped up in unforeseen conversations, running into unexpected people, and receiving startling comments over the past two days.

While I did not anticipate really much of anything this weekend, I am very glad that everything rolled out the way it did. Why? Because it happened the way I know it was supposed to. I may have found myself a bit frustrated at times, but overall, I am okay. What may have once rattled me up, has proved to me how mature I have gotten.

I realized this weekend how much I have learned over the past six months – mostly about myself and the amount of growth that has taken place. I have been reminded of the importance of constantly learning and growing. Sometimes we feel defeated or even broken, but in order to overcome, we must learn. We must grow.

Adversity is what shapes us; it is what makes us appreciate the abundance of greatness that fills our lives. Things cannot be great all of the time. We must be faced with unexpected conversations and occurrences to keep us in check. I heard this today, “Adversity allows us to build perseverance, which leads us to hope.” Hope is what drive us each day; it motivates and helps us see that this is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

What I hav learned this weekend: I am surrounded by amazing people who love and care about me. I am lucky :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment