Friday, June 29, 2012

In Another Life


Have you ever thought about what you would want to be in another life? Yesterday, I had the brilliant idea of heading out to the driving range in 90-degree weather. It was so hot that I actually got sweat in my contacts. Good one, Anna. There was a golf professional that helped me when paying for my range balls. She kindly said, “You’re one of the brave ones to venture out.” I thought about her as I chunked and sliced way too many of my shots. I wanted to blame the heat and humidity. I kept thinking about how the golf pro was probably witnessing all of my bad shots. My mind started to wander – wouldn’t it be cool to be a golf pro? “In my next life,” I thought.

Then I started thinking about other professions that I would like to take on in another life. I have always thought it would be great to be a fitness or nutrition expert. As I have grown older, my love for fitness has surely grown. I enjoy reading about it and trying out new classes. Being a fitness instructor or personal trainer would definitely be my next profession if I decided to go back to school… again. So, don’t freak out (Mom). I’m not planning on heading back for a third degree. I’m fine with just the two for right now.

But, honestly, I am thrilled about being an English teacher. I have been preparing as best as I can. I’ve mentioned before how overwhelming it all is, but more than anything, it’s very exciting. I get to live out the dream that I have worked very hard at. Maybe in another life I would still come out as an English teacher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment