Thursday, June 14, 2012

Shopping Strategy

I have a problem with impulse buying. I realized it long ago when I was standing in line at Target and suddenly thought I needed the latest issue of "People," the newest flavor of Trident gum, and a 250 count of cotton balls. An extra fifteen dollars later, I was on my way back to the car.

"What just happened?" I thought aloud. I mean, I guess you can never have too many cotton balls, and I love doing the crossword puzzles in "People," but I'm not really sure any of that was necessary.

My friend talked me into getting a pedicure at the mall yesterday. Well, it didn't take more than asking once to get my butt in that massage chair. I hadn't really planned on buying anything besides the pedicure; however, we stopped at Sephora where I realized I "needed" new makeup.

After the pink polish was nicely painted onto my toenails, the lady asked, "Design?" I responded without a beat, "Sure." And there it was, some wild floral design on my big toe. Welp, I guess it's summer, so why not?

As Emily and I parted ways, I headed through Barnes and Noble towards my car. Big mistake. Two books later, I finally started my car and drove away from the mall. I can always justify buying books, but my spending yesterday was completely unplanned.

I have got to find a better shopping strategy; otherwise, I soon will be looking for a second job.

No comments:

Post a Comment