Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Glowing Miles Away


"Girls don't sweat, we glow." Have you ever heard this expression? Well if it's true, then I glisten profusely. When I leave the gym, you can probably see me glowing miles away. 

I am not someone that sweats doing daily chores. Fortunately you won't see me sweating as I pick out fruit at the grocery store, but when I’m working out, you can be sure that I will be a sweaty mess by the end of it.


As I left Kosama this morning, I looked at myself in my rearview mirror. Wowza. My grey tank top was drenched with sweat. My baby blue Nike hat had miraculously changed to a deeper navy due to the amount of "glisten" pouring from my head. During my workout, I noticed sweat sliding off of my legs and arms. Parts of me were sweating that I didn’t even know were possible. Granted, it got up to nearly 90 degrees today, but that doesn’t excuse the fact that it was totally gross.

I read once that the better shape you are in, the more you sweat. I don’t exactly know the science behind this statement, but I buy into it. Apparently it means that you are becoming a "more efficient machine" while working out. 


I will confess that I judge my workouts on the amount of sweat I produce. I feel like if I am hardly glowing at all, then I should probably step up my activity level. Call me crazy, but I enjoy being a sweaty mess. After I workout in the mornings, you can probably see me glowing miles away :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment