Sunday, June 10, 2012

I Scream


I don’t drink milk, but I want to assure you all that I am getting plenty of calcium. No, I don’t take vitamins, and I’m not looking for any lectures about supplements and nutrition. I have oodles of vitamins – gummies and horse pills – in my medicine cabinet. I just never got in a good routine of taking them. I digress; that’s not my point.

I am getting loads of calcium lately… by way of ice cream. For a long time, I thought I had a problem because ice cream continually left my stomach in pain. That is no longer the case. I am back in business with scoops of ice cream. Yippee!

Maybe it’s the smells of summer. It just makes us all want to grab a cone and sit poolside as we savor each lick of the cool goodness.

Not too long ago I was golfing with my brother and his friends. We kept hearing a weird jingle coming from one of the nearby neighborhoods. After a while, we couldn’t take it anymore. It was so distracting! “What was it?” you ask. A jolly ice cream truck making it’s way around all of the streets. How did that stupid truck know to start up the music right during my backswing?

I hate when people ask you to choose your favorite flavor. I love the classic vanilla, and of course, any food involving chocolate is my friend. I am in love with soft serve, but you won’t find me passing up a couple of dips from an old-fashioned ice cream scoop. Of course, I love all the toppings. I’m not opposed to throwing on some gummy bears or even a dollop of hot fudge. No, I pretty much like it all. If I had to choose my least favorite, it would be any flavor that stems from coffee or espresso. But, I’d probably still eat it. I have a problem.

I will definitely be spending a lot of time eating ice cream this summer… and even into the fall and winter. If this doesn’t happen, I will scream for ice cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment