Wednesday, June 6, 2012

You've Got a Friend

Have you ever realized that you know too much information? Just a short week ago, I found myself hearing something from one friend that mildly could effect another. I absolutely hate have too much information (TMI) floating around in my head. Seriously, why must y'all tell me secrets?!?

People love talking about themselves. And whether we like it or not, drama is at the center of our lives. People make mistakes; we are fragile. When drama stirs itself up, we cannot help but participate in the discussions.

Girls are masters at these discussions. We meet for coffee, grab a drink after work, chat on the phone until the battery dies. Face it ladies, we. love. drama. Of course no one likes to get hurt, but it is a part of life. Just as quickly as these events occur, they are soon forgotten when a better story comes along. We are constantly striving to find a more shocking story that will top the next. Our world is a crazy one.

The beginning stages of relationships are full of getting to know one another - trying to figure out if that person is someone to trust. It doesn't take long to realize which way the relationship will go. I was delighted to hear from someone recently, "You are definitely going to be someone I can talk to." I was honored to know that that person trusts me. I know that this person is merely looking for someone to talk to - someone to listen.

At the end of the day, I want to be the person that

No comments:

Post a Comment