Friday, June 8, 2012

Adult Time

TGIF! Once the clock hits 5 o’clock, adults around the country will be running out of office buildings, loosening up their ties, making their way to happy hour. They will all promise not to talk about work; however, discussions will soon move into budget issues and the latest run-in with the wicked boss. Soon the cocktails will be flowing, and the phrase “I love you, man” will become way too common. Waitresses will love this. They will entertain the idea of white-collar men throwing around money to impress colleagues. It’s all a part of the game we call business.

I may not directly be a part of this world; however, I am all too familiar with the scene. I will admit that I love it – I even miss it from time to time. I may have only played the role of the waitress, but it was still fun to interact with these “big shots.” Men are such fools.

I am really learning the beauty of that Friday afternoon drive home. It’s hard not to be all smiles as you plan out the weekend ahead. What will I be looking forward to most this weekend? Adult time. Nannying as so many perks, but one thing I am lacking is the interaction with adults. Yes, I’m missing the occasional dirty joke and random swear words. My kids are great, and I am really learning to use my filter. I really couldn’t ask for a better set-up this summer. I am very grateful. And with that said, I wouldn’t mind some Bacardi in my belly. Bottoms up! 


No comments:

Post a Comment