Saturday, September 17, 2011

Back in the Saddle

Isn't it amazing how our brains work? The ability to recall, memorize, and reflect upon different parts of our past and present is astonishing. Just when we think we have forgotten something, our mind searches to find a connect, jogging it all back to life.

It had been a few weeks since I served at my restaurant job, and part of me was wondering if I could still handle the pressures of the fast pace environment. But who am I kidding? I've been doing it for years, and it came right back to me in a jiffy. There were a few new things I needed to brush up on, including meeting a few of my new co-workers. Soon enough, I was back to chatting with customers and catching up with my friends. It was a nice change of pace from being around shyster teenagers ;-)

The expression, "it's just like riding a bike" couldn't be more true. Just think how long we can go without riding a bike, and suddenly our legs are pedaling through trails and tracks. It's a comforting thought to know that it doesn't take much to get back in the saddle again.

No comments:

Post a Comment