Thursday, September 8, 2011

Building My Toolbox


I’ve never thought of myself as a carpenter; however, I am beginning to reconsider. While I may not building shelves or laying tile, I am building my toolbox for success.

I’m not trying to sound corny or turn off any of my avid readers. Something, or should I say someone, just sparked this idea for me yesterday.

I am constantly learning new tricks to keep students engaged. Each day I find myself treading water, jumping from lesson to lesson, praying that someone learns something. I’m beginning to think my headaches are attributed to brain-usage-overload and not my lack of caffeine.

I’m not complaining one bit. Each time something works, I place it in my toolbox. When a lesson flops or my students get off track, I simply (and sometimes harshly) throw that tool out the window.

I’m learning along with my students. I’m building my teacher toolbox. Yes, I’m Bob Anna the Builder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment