Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Can't We All Just Get Along?


The time has come. Everywhere I go people are covered from head to toe in their favorite team colors. Every conversation begins and ends with talk of pass interceptions and coaching techniques. That’s right. It’s football season. 
I would like to say all this football talk drives me crazy, except I often find myself grinning from ear to ear. I like football just as much as the next girl, and I really enjoy school and team pride.

Of course, there will always be those fans that take it to the next level. I will never understand the purpose of bashing and heckling other teams. Can’t we all just get along? I mean most of these arguments result in nothing but anger and frustration.

My smile fades when people try to compare teams that are nothing alike. What’s the point? Is this all so they can feel better about the next time they get schooled by someone in their own conference? Ugh. Frustration.

Can’t we all just be happy that there is a winner? My competitive nature could kick in any time now. But, until then, can’t we all just get along?

No comments:

Post a Comment