Monday, September 5, 2011

#hashtag

I enjoy Twitter. Random comments and quotes from people all around the world. It really doesn’t get much better than that. Not to mention, there is a great deal of news that is shared. Just the other day, there were “technical difficulties” during a football game. During those critical moments, I was able to follow UNI Athletics to stay up to date with the time, score, and even yardage. It’s actually pretty awesome.

We have also started using Twitter in the classroom. Students are asked to come up with clear and precise answers to questions. After all, they only get 140 characters to get their point across.

Along with Twitter comes some strange terminology. Hashtags. Mentions. Trending topics. When I first started tweeting, I thought I was doing it all wrong; however, I have come to find out that there is no “right” way to tweet. Whatever, whenever, however. That’s the beauty of Twitter. The randomness continues without pressure.



If I have an interesting or random thought that needs to be shared with me tweeps, you better believe I get excited to share. Because, let’s get real, I have a lot to say. You can follow me @annajnelly #gettoit 

No comments:

Post a Comment