Sunday, September 18, 2011

Competitive Bone


There is no doubt that Saturdays in the fall are spent watching football. I spent yesterday falling in and out of naps and free reading. Of course, ESPN was constantly playing in the background. Game after game, upset after upset, none of it had any impact on my mood. I began to wonder, "When was the last time I actually cared about the outcome of a game?"

I’ve always been a player on the court/field/course that enjoys the game more than the score. I want everyone to have fun and get along, so whether we win or lose is pretty minor. I know this may sound crazy, but that competitive nature is pretty foreign to me.

I honestly don’t quite understand how people get so worked up when their favorite team comes out on the losing end. I mean, there are people that are darn right crabby after a tough loss. I just want to say, “You have absolutely no control over how your favorite college football team performs, so get over it.”

After all of these years, I’m still searching for my competitive bone. I’m sure it’s in there somewhere…

No comments:

Post a Comment