Friday, September 2, 2011

Smells Like Teen Spirit

Holy, moly were the kids wacky yesterday! They told me it was because it was Thursday. I was under the impression that they waited until Friday to lose complete focus. Apparently Monday and Tuesday are devoted to “being tired” and Thursday and Friday to getting revved up for the weekend. So, does that mean I only get Wednesday for complete focus?

With pep rallies, football games, and volleyball matches, social lives are taking over classroom duties. I mean who wants to read Jonathan Edwards when they can iChat about last weekend’s drama? My dad was right when saying, “the only thing that matters to teenagers is themselves… and, of course, their social lives.”

Well then, let me step out of the way. Heaven forbid teenagers learn and stretch their brains. I wouldn’t want anyone to miss out on the latest gossip. I mean, the two that continue to flirt in the hallway may be destined for one another. I cannot… will not... stand in the way of a budding romance.

Yes, I must say, it smells like teen spirit around here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment